This also applies to the new Windows 11.
Product keys should just ‘work’, however, everyone’s personal computer is not the same. A small number of our customers experience error while activating Windows 10. Please refer to your Error Code.
Quick Fix for Error 0xC004f050 and Other Error Codes
QUICK FIX FOR MOST ERROR CODES: Go to Start > Windows Updates. Download all updates and Restart your PC. Upon restart, if your Windows is still not activated, please contact us or talk to us via Live Chat.
Tip: Do not forget optional hardware updates.
Optional updates are equally important. They are certainly not optional; so be sure to update them too!
FOR ERROR CODE 0x803f7001 (Get a New Key)
This is not a common error code. Usually it refers to that the key may be faulty. Please let us know so we can send you a new key.
Error 0xc004f034 (Critical Error)
This error code means that for some uncertain reasons, your Windows 10 can’t connect to the activation server. Try the Quick Fix. If it doesn’t work, you may need to clean up your Windows PC or reinstall Windows.
Other situations that may prevent you from activating or upgrading to Windows 10 :
There are three common situations where you might run into problems with activation:
- Upgrading from unactivated Windows 7 / Windows 8 to Windows 10.
- Running an unactivated Windows 10 Home / Pro
- You have an Activated Windows 10 Home, and wishes to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro
You need to upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10. (Run the installation via BIOS mode)
This usually happens when your current copy of Windows is not activated or genuine.
- Make sure your Windows is up-to-date. Run Windows Updates and install all updates.
- Download the Windows 10 installer directly from Microsoft. Do not use any other installer you get from third party.
- Upgrade to Windows 10 by running the installer via BIOS mode. You may enter any one of the following generic keys if you have not purchased a product key yet.
You are running an Unactivated Windows 10 Home or Pro. (Error Code 0x8007232B)
This happens when you bypassed entering Product Key during Windows installation, or if your copy of Windows is not genuine. The activation screen simply gives you an error code or tells you to use another key.
- IMPORTANT: Run Windows update and update everything. Restart your PC.
- After restarting your PC, go to Start > Activation. Check if Windows Pro has been activated. Activated? Great! You’re done. Still not activated? Enter one of these generic product keys:
3. Once entered successfully, restart your PC.
4. Go to Windows Update again and install if there’s any other updates left that are needed.
5. Finally, Go to Start > Activation > Change the product key to the one you have purchased from us.
You are running an “activated” Windows 10 Home and Wishes to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Error Code 0xc004F034 / 0xc004F050
Out of the three this is the most uncommon error, but it can happen. Here’s how to fix it:
- You should get an error code: ‘Please enter a new product key‘, ‘0xc004F034’, ‘0xc004F050’.
- Go to Windows update and update everything.
- Restart your PC. Even if you don’t have any Windows update, just restart.
- Go to Start > Activation. You should be able to see that your Windows has already been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.