To download and install Windows 11 23H2, follow these steps:
1. Open Windows Settings and select Windows Update.
2. Enable the “Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available” toggle.
3. Click on “Check for updates.”
To install Windows 11 23H2 using the Installation Assistant from Microsoft’s website, follow these steps:
1. Use the PC Health Check app to check if your device meets the requirements.
2. Go to the Microsoft website’s Download Windows 11 page.
3. Look for the “Installation Assistant” option and click “Download Now.”
4. Run the Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe file.
5. The Installation Assistant will check for hardware requirements. If needed, download and run the PC Health Check app.
6. Once verified, select “Accept and install” to proceed with the update.
7. Wait for the update to download and install, then reboot your PC to complete the installation.
To download Windows 11 23H2 using the Media Creation Tool and create a bootable disk or drive, follow these steps:
1. Go to Microsoft’s download page and click on “Windows 11 Installation Media.”
2. Download mediacreationtool.exe by clicking “Download Now.”
3. Double-click the file to launch the Media Creation Tool and accept the agreements.
4. The tool will check your system.
5. Choose between a USB flash drive or an ISO file.
6. Select the location or drive and click “Next” to proceed.
7. Follow the steps correctly to create a Windows 11 23H2 bootable USB or ISO file.
8. To install the update, right-click on the .iso file and click “Mount” to open its content. Then, double-click “setup.exe.”
Windows 11 23H2, also known as the “Windows 11 2023 Update,” is the second major release of the operating system. It is currently an optional update and can be downloaded and installed by selecting the toggle “Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available” in Settings.
Windows 11 23H2 has the same system requirements as version 22H2, including a 64-bit processor, at least 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, the Secure Boot feature, and TPM 2.0. If you are already running Windows 11 22H2, you can upgrade to 23H2 without any issues. If you are on Windows 10, you can upgrade as long as you meet the requirements or bypass the standards set by Microsoft.
It is generally recommended to avoid installing significant feature updates as soon as they become available to minimize potential bugs. However, since Windows 11 23H2 is an enablement package based on the Windows 11 22H2 code base, you are unlikely to encounter significant problems.
To check if Windows 11 version 23H2 is successfully installed, go to Settings, select System, scroll down to the specifications section, and verify that the version is listed as 23H2.
The Windows 11 23H2 release includes all the features introduced in the Windows 11 Moment 4 update, such as Copilot on the taskbar, the ability to have labels and ungroup icons, and a new Home page in Settings for quick access to important information.
Remember to always follow the proper steps and ensure your device meets the requirements before installing any updates.